If you have learned anything in the last 12 months, it is that addiction is complicated. After watching your 27 year old son go through a very detailed suboxone detox schedule you realize that there is a science that attempts to help solve the difficult problem of addiction. Detox doctors have many approaches that they take to make sure that they provide every available option for success.
In spite of the best efforts of the best detox programs, however, helping someone fight as addiction is an uphill battle. The fact that on average, alcohol addiction patients receive treatment eight years after the age at which they develop the condition there are major problems to overcome by the first time a suboxone detox schedule or other process is implemented. In addition to the treatment cost, there are also a number of treatment plans that are in put into place to help addicts find success.
There are a growing number of treatment options to deal with the fact that addiction is becoming a major epidemic in the U.S. Consider these facts and figures about the alcohol and drug addiction problem in this coutry:
- Buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone are the three main types of active ingredients in FDA approved medications to treat opioid dependency are
- Unfortunately, the rates of relapse among people who go through detoxification alone is roughly 95%.
- Goosebumps and fever are signs of a more severe withdrawal, and can make the process of home home detox even more difficult.
- 80% of new heroin users started out by misusing prescription painkillers.
- Drug rehab cannot begin until drug detox has occurred.
- 23% of individuals who use heroin end up with an develop opioid addiction.
- Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in America, with 52,404 lethal drug overdoses in the year 2015.
- With 20,101 overdose deaths related to prescription pain relievers, and 12,990 overdose deaths related to heroin in 2015, opioid addiction is driving this epidemic.
Trying to find a way to help a loved one with an addiction can be a painful and long process. Finding the right detox doctors who offer the latest detox treatments can help you take the first step toward helping your loved one successfully break the addiction that might be ruining your life, or the life of someone whom you love.