When you went into the doctor’s office, you were expecting a hearing evaluation. After the initial examination by the new doctor, however, it was determined that you had liquid bubbles in your middle ear. The doctor said that a quick course of steroids would take care of the fullness in your ears. It would take care of the dizziness when you crawled into bed at night and when you sit up in the morning.
Finding the right cause of any hearing and dizziness is important if you want to make sure that you lead a productive life. Unfortunately, as many as 20% of Americans report some degree of hearing loss. When hearing loss occurs in the youngest children, however, it can be even more difficult to diagnose. Fortunately, there are a number of early tests that can help patients of any age get the diagnosis that they need, as well as the necessary treatment. Starting with the best hearing tests, patients can then be treated for infections if that is the problem. If not, there are a number of resound hearing aides and other kinds of small hearing aids available.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest hearing evaluations and the way the hearing aid options that are available:
- 15% of the general public, which is equal to more than 50 million Americans experience some form of tinnitus, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates.
- 900 million people throughout the world will be hearing impaired by the year 2025, according to the latest research.
- Subjective tinnitus and objective tinnitus are the two types of tinnitus. Interestingly enough, more than 99% of all reported tinnitus cases are subjective.
- 66% of every 1,000 children in the U.S. are born with a detectable hearing loss in both or one ears.
- 15% of school-age children have some degree of hearing loss.
- 10 million people in the U.S. use hearing aids.
If you have not recently had a hearing test, it is important that you make an appointment and get the hearing evaluation that you need to live a full and happy life. Even more importantly, it is necessary to make sure that your children are carefully tested and that they get the treatment that they need.