There was a time when getting a hair tattoo for men meant getting a lightning bolt or a star buzzed into their hair. Today, the hair tattoo is more applicable to men who are losing hair, than those who can afford to cut it into various designs. Skilled artists use tattoo-like equipment to create follicle replication on scarred, thinning, and bald scalps. Thinner-than-average needles and specially formulated inks help to create the illusion of hair where there isn’t any. However, like all cosmetic treatments, there advantages and disadvantages to weigh before deciding to go forward with treatment.
- At approximately $3,500 for a treatment, it’s cheaper than a hair transplant.
- As opposed to a hair piece, a hair tattoo for men can create a more effective illusion to cover up scars, thinning hair, and baldness.
- The tattoo can usually be completed in just one sitting.
- All different colors and types of hair can be replicated.
- The tattoos stay in almost perfect condition for between 10 and 15 years.
- A hair tattoo for men is a hair simulation. Obviously, it won’t feel like real hair, even though it looks real.
- You’ll need to protect the tattoo from the sun by using a hat or sunscreen.
- If you are on your way to complete baldness, you may have to commit to the close-shaven look.
- You have to carefully pick who you choose to do the tattoo.
- After 10 to 15 years, you may need a touch-up on your tattoo.
Depending on the person, these disadvantages are a small price to pay for regaining confidence, and the appearance of real hair. Nearly half of all men in the United States will have noticeable hair loss by the time that they are 35 years old. Of all the hair restoration options, the hair tattoo for men is one of the most affordable, while requiring the least upkeep, and providing an incredibly natural look at the same time.